Millsberry Chats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Millsberry Chats!!! A Place For New Millsberry Friends!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

February 12, 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1993
Millsberry Username : Millsberry_Chats021
Warning Meter :
February 12, 2009 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100February 12, 2009 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-01

February 12, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: February 12, 2009   February 12, 2009 Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 5:20 pm

CLINT BOWYER SPOTTED IN MILLSBERRY!
February 12, 2009 Gazette_20090212

By Audrey Smythe-Wei
Editor-in-Chief

Thursday, February 12, 2009
Millsberry citizens spotted a new face in the mix this week. And it just so happened to be that of famed racing champion, Clint Bowyer!

No one was quite certain what Clint Bowyer could be doing in Millsberry, but it soon became clear that he was up to something other than practicing his driving at the track.

Bowyer was first seen in the Grocery Store, doing some high-speed shopping.

"I had never seen someone breeze through the store so quickly," said owner Harold Ettin.

"He did quick laps through the aisles with his cart, snagging food off the shelves at each turn. And he was finished in a matter of minutes. It's got to be some sort of record—grocery shopping that fast is unheard of," exclaimed Ettin.

As proof of his speed, Bowyer was then spotted at several other locations in Millsberry—all within the very same hour.

"I saw him enjoying the view at Lake Sylvane," said one citizen, "and he looked speedy even standing still!"

"Clint was just walking down the street. I saw him. Then I blinked and he was gone," said Tania, owner of the Hair Salon.

"It was the strangest thing. I've never seen anyone take off so quickly," she added.

Needless to say, rumors spread as people wondered what the racing star was doing in town.

As it happens, the Gazette was lucky enough to cross paths with Bowyer. And, when asked what brought him to Millsberry, he responded, "Mayor Wright asked me to come to Millsberry to help him out with a special project."

After jotting some notes in my pad, I was ready for my second question with the driving champ when I looked up to find that Clint had vanished. It was easily the quickest interview I can remember.

Next, it was time to catch up with Mayor Wright, to see if he could shed some light on possible plans involving the unexpected, speedy visitor.

"I can' discuss any specifics at the moment," commented Wright, "but I will say that what Clint Bowyer and I are working on is sure to thrill the good citizens of Millsberry."

Bowyer was last spotted with blueprints in his hand, heading into Town Hall with Mayor Wright.

HEAD TO THE MUSEUM TO CELEBRATE BLACK HISTORY MONTH!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Join Mayor Douglas Wright and Curator, Keith Umai, at the Millsberry Museum to celebrate Black History Month. They've put together a wonderful exhibit that highlights 10 notable figures in Black History: Ella Fitzgerald, Malcolm X, Sojourner Truth, Martin Luther King Jr., Frederick Douglass, Jackie Robinson, Rosa Parks, Maya Angelou, George Washington Carver,
and Billie Holiday. Each of these people have contributed greatly to African American history in their own way, having a large impact on the civil rights movement, music, science, and culture. There are still a few weeks left in February, so you have plenty of time to check it out!

Back to top Go down
http://www.millsberrychats.com

February 12, 2009
Page 1 of 1